Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chapter One: A Return to the Blog World

I just can't help it.  I know that I don't really have the time, but even if the chapters trickle in at an annoying slow rate, four days of freedom from job chains made me need to tap out a description of the  fun and wonder, (and abject hell) of camping far, far from a warm soft bed...
 First of all, we did get to see things like this,
and this.  But, I am getting ahead of myself.  Let's go back to the beginning of the trip.  The part where we are still in Wichita Falls. We stopped in W.F. because we wanted to see the photography show of Glenn's colleague Lawrence McFarland which is on now in that fair city.  His photographs are truly amazing. If I were rich I would buy several. His pictures are so beautiful I feel as though I should probably just throw away my camera, but they were also really inspiring.  I will never photograph at that level, ever, but I really, really do like taking pictures.  So I will. 
SO there you have it.  See how those first images are seen through rose coloured glasses?  Notice the red rocks... rose-coloured or what?  Har har. Enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment