Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chapter Fifteen: I had a Dream....

Thank you SO much Martin Luther King Jr. for being such an inspiration to the nation and the world, that not only did you create a better world for all people, but you were honoured with a holiday when I wouldn't have to go to work.  For that I am eternally grateful.  
I myself had a dream that began almost a year ago at the Vatican Museum in Rome.  I purchased a 1000 piece puzzle of the Creation of Adam on the Sistine Ceiling, with the dream of some day actually completing it.  It seems only fitting that I would reach my goal on MLK Day.  
 Here is the proof that I finished.  Now if I am completely honest I would confess that I am not entirely sure that all the sky pieces are in the right place.  This is because there are only two piece shapes in the whole puzzle (I know, ridiculous right??), and some of them were so close that they fit equally well in different places.  No one would really know to look at it, but I know that some of the tiny cracks in the paint surface don't all match up. I find that somewhat irritating, but there we are.... sometimes our dreams are realized in a slightly modified form to what we had originally imagined.
I also got my dream of spending a bit of time in the garden this weekend, so I am doubly pleased that the Rev. Martin Luther King was so wise and, at least posthumously, appreciated.
My dreams are of course pretty shallow in comparison to those of the great man himself, but I am in good company, because in the "I have a Dream" assignment in my first grade class today, I am seeing such lofty aspirations as, "I have a dream that one day my ears will be pierced..."  (sigh)


No comments:

Post a Comment