Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chapter Fourteen: The End of Another Season of Good Cheer

Technically this activity is a week late, but I have been falling behind in all aspects of life lately, so this is just par for the course.  But, late or not, the sad day arrived today when I dismantled the Christmas tree and put away all the ornaments for another year. I always have mixed feelings at this time.  The house seems so much more spacious after all the Christmas clutter is tidied away, but at the same time I will miss all the pretty decorations very much.  A year seems a long time to have to wait to see my collection of travelling Santas again, as well as all the other beautiful ornaments. I know that the reason Christmas and all its trappings are so special is because you must wait and wait and anticipate like crazy.  I know it, I really know it. But, well, sigh.... it is hard when you have about the same ability to wait as a one of your six year old students. Well, wouldn't you miss seeing Santa travelling on a trout????! And I'll tell you another thing.
Getting Olive packed away in one of those boxes was not easy!  I'm not sure she'll be happy about the year hiatus either.
Oh well, in any case... to paraphrase A.A. Milne
'to all and sundry, near and far, 
travelling Santas in particular...'
Peace be with you.   
(thanks Gordie for the beautiful card!)

No comments:

Post a Comment