Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chapter Three: Literary References

Just a little side note.  Literary references are useful because they can draw interesting parallels with  the ideas you are voicing.  Take the mention of the poem Leisure by William Davies in the comment section of the last post.  Being reminded of those beautiful words gave me pause for thought, and as I drove to and from work the next couple of days, my mind kept drifting back to Davies' images, and I decided that in fact, right at this point in my life, I would rather be a cow under a bough, than have to deal with she-who-shall-remain-nameless, although of course, I would only want to be the kind that lay around in green pastures and was milked regularly by a comely milkmaid with gentle hands. However, there are particularly bad moments as well, when I realize that even being someone's hamburger would be an improvement.  I could just be swallowed and digested and... well, you can see where this is going.  Aren't Literary references great!?

No comments:

Post a Comment