Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Chapter Eight: Heaven is...

spending the eve of Christmas Eve watching "White Christmas" on TV with all your family around you.  It was particularly good because we could relate to the brown, snow-less landscape that was causing the demise of the old general's ski lodge business.  Not that we have a ski lodge business. Although, maybe if we did have a ski lodge business there might have been the chance of a Christmas miracle of snow for us on Christmas Eve.  However, it was heaven because of the previously mentioned gathering of family.  I loved watching the slightly bemused looks on the faces of our three children as they watched this great Classic, and whenever Max noticed me looking at him, he'd ask me what I was staring at.
Yes, it was a lovely bonding moment for us all.  The eldest checking the computer periodically, the youngest asking if we couldn't watch an episode of Modern Family instead, and the odd squabble with the middle child for taking up too much room on the couch. I smiled and smiled.  I couldn't help it.  It was all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment